Yesterday was a bit of a gloomy day but still warm so I decided to brighten things up with my bright yellow Lilly for Target top. I paired it with cropped American Eagle jeggings and some Jack Rogers sandals. To top of my outfit by added my Kate Spade watch along with Charlene K Triangle Double Drop Earrings from Rocksbox. You can get your first Rocksbox free with the code: 2classysistersxoxo I loved my outfit, it was a perfect for getting some morning coffee with one of my friends at a local café.
It was a little chillier where I live yesterday and was raining off and on so I had to dress a littler warmer. I went with one of my favorite tops from Ivy & Leo. I have this top in at least five or six colors because I like it so much! It’s such a comfortable shirt that dresses up any outfit. I finished off the look with some American Eagle skinny jeans and a pair of black ballet flats.
-Michelle & Rachel
With yesterday being the Kentucky Derby, I of course had to celebrate. I was invited by one of my guy friends to a Derby party at his house. I decided to go with a Lilly Pulitzer dress since it seemed most fitting for the occasion and I paired it with a big hat.
Lilly Pulitzer Dress | TJ Max Hat | Nordstrom Wedges | Tory Burch Bracelet
The weather was lovely and perfect for an outdoor party! We started our festivities relatively early to have plenty of time to catch up and play some lawn games before the race. We all had a great time talking while drinking sangria and mint juleps. As the race got closer we all went inside to watch the race and some of the pre race action. My bet was on Carpe Diem and even though I didn’t pick the winning horse, it was still fun to watch. I hope within the next few years I am able to watch the Kentucky Derby in person!
Here is the recipe I used to make my sangria!
- 2 bottles chilled dry red wine, like Rioja
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 2 oranges, cut into thin rounds
- 2 lemons, cut into thin rounds
- 3 limes, cut into thin rounds
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups cold club soda
In a large pot or bowl, combine the wine, brandy, orange juice, and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the orange, lemon, and lime slices, the apples and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and add the soda. Serve in glasses over ice.
I hope you all enjoyed the derby! Comment below and tell us what you did!
1) I have been drooling over these Tory Burch sandals! 2) I love the neutral colored sweater with the mint purse for a pop of color! 3) I love how simple and elegant this dress is and the scallops are a plus!
1) If anyone knows where I can get this romper or a similar one, please tell me because I’m dying to have it! 2) I could definitely see myself wearing this outfit to work. 3) I really want a triangl swimsuit. I also just can’t wait to be in my swimsuit somewhere warm this summer sippin’ on a yummy drink!
-Michelle & Rachel