| J. Crew Factory Vest | Francesca’s Dress | Red Dress Boutique Necklace | Target Tights | Tory Burch Purse | TOMS Booties |
On Friday I went out to eat and did some shopping with Michelle. It was a little colder out but I didn’t want to have to deal with hauling a coat around. I decided to wear a puffer vest. This gray herringbone vest looks great paired with the army green Piko dress. I absolutely love Piko dresses & shirts. They come in a ton of different colors and depending on the color, you can wear it all year round.
J. Crew Factory Sweater Vest | Gap Button Up | J. Crew Factory Skirt | Tory Burch Bracelet | Toms Booties | Target Tights
Even though I have a Catholic school girl vibe going on I still love this work outfit! I never thought that I would own a sweater vest but now I have two. I think they look so cute paired with a skirt! Speaking of skirts if you don’t already own this style of skirt from J. Crew Factory I highly suggest it. I have multiple colors in it and am always wanting more. I like how comfortable they are as well as the length. Plus J. Crew Factory is great about doing sales so you usually can find it for at least 25% off. My favorite part about this outfit is this skirt is perfect for the holiday season!
Hope you enjoyed my work OOTD!
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family and/or friends! Hopefully you were able to do some Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping as well to snag some deals! We had a great Thanksgiving that consisted of family time and a lot of food. It’s been awhile since we’ve done an Outfit of the Day post for you, so we figured we’d get back into it with our Thanksgiving looks.
| Red Dress Boutique sweater | Express leggings | Hope’s booties | Red Dress Boutique statement necklace |
When it comes to Thanksgiving, I like to wear something that looks dressy yet is still comfortable. This sweater from Red Dress Boutique is a great fall color and I like it’s tunic style length. I’ve worn this sweater with jeggings before, but since I wanted the outfit to look dressier, I decided to go with leggings this time. Plus I figured that leggings are much more comfortable when you’re going to be eating a lot of food! I finished off my look with one of my go-to statement necklaces and a pair of brown booties from Hope’s that I’m currently loving!
| Red Dress Boutique Dress | J. Crew Factory Tights | Toms Booties |
I recently bought this dress from Red Dress Boutique and had been looking for the perfect opportunity to wear it. I was a little hesitant to wear it for Thanksgiving at first since it was a little short but once I put tights on I felt like it made it a little more family appropriate. Since the dress has a large floral design on it I opted to only wear my Tory Burch bracelet with it. I’m obsessed with these brown booties right now! They are perfect for the fall and I’m glad I was able to make them work with my outfit for Thanksgiving!
Enjoy the rest of the week!
-Michelle & Rachel
Wow, it has been a long time! You’ve probably noticed that we haven’t been blogging near as much, especially over the last few months. We just wanted to give you a quick update on us and our blog. Honestly when it comes down to it, time has really been a huge factor with our lack of blog posts.
Michelle is a full-time teacher with a busy schedule this school year and is in her last year of a master’s program. On top of that, she had a minor surgery the end of August, which added a bit of stress with the start of work and classes. Rachel graduated from college in May and now she’s working a full-time job that keeps her busy as well. We aren’t trying to make excuses. The 2 Classy Sisters blog just unfortunately hasn’t been one of our top priorities the last few months with our busy schedules and what’s been going on in our lives.
So, what does this mean for 2 Classy Sisters? We’ve talked about this a lot and have come to the conclusion that we don’t want 2 Classy Sisters to come to an end. We want to keep our blog going. We just need to figure out what changes we want to make with our blog, if any, and what is going to work best with our schedules.
In the meantime, if you have stuck with us and continue to patiently wait for new blog posts, thank you so much! We truly appreciate you and can’t wait to get back on track with our blog. Keep your eye out for new content and blog posts coming soon (maybe even this week still)!
-Michelle & Rachel
| Ivy & Leo Dress | Ivy & Leo Scarf | Toms Wedges |
FINALLY I can start breaking out my scarves! I love nothing more than fall fashion and I was very excited to take advantage of this chillier day by wearing my new scarf. I love the thickness of this scarf. It’s thicker without feeling like it’s too big on me and taking over. It worked out great that I had a t-shirt dress that matches it perfectly! What’s your favorite fall fashion go to?
| Ivy & Leo dress | Francesca’s jacket | Steve Madden sandals | Dry Goods necklace |
It’s officially back to school time, which means I’m back to work for the school year. Even though I’m sad that summer is over, I’m ready to get back to teaching and dressing up more often! Today I wore a sleeveless dress that you can style many different ways. I decided to wear this light weight jacket with it since my classroom tends to be a bit chilly. I then decided to wear this longer necklace with it instead of a statement necklace. I got this necklace this summer from Dry Goods and love it! I finished off my look with my go-to brown Steve Madden sandals.
| Ivy & Leo Dress | American Eagle Cardigan | Steve Madden Flats |Red Dress Boutique Necklace |
I’m in love with today’s work outfit. I love the olive green with the cream color! This outfit is a great transition into the fall weather as well as fall colors. I’m looking forward to embracing the change in weather and breaking out all of my fall clothes! There will definitely be some summer pieces I will miss wearing but I’m looking forward to all layering.
-Michelle & Rachel
Sorry we didn’t get this post up sooner like we had planned! With the end of summer, things got pretty busy for us. Better late than never though! Now let’s move on to Edinburgh!
Here are our favorite things that we did in Edinburgh that we would recommend:
- Afternoon Tea: In Edinburgh there are several options to go to for afternoon tea. It’s definitely a fun experience to get dressed up and enjoy some tea and yummy pastries. We looked at options online before our trip and made our reservation in advance.
- Self-guided Harry Potter tour: If you are a Harry Potter fan, there are several “Harry Potter” locations to go to in Edinburgh. J. K. Rowling wrote the first few books in Edinburgh and got her inspiration some places and characters from this city. We recommend planning your tour beforehand so you know exactly where you’re going and don’t miss any of the places.
- Edinburgh Castle: This is definitely one of the must see attractions that Edinburgh is known for. There’s a lot of history to be seen here. Plus, you get some great views of the city without much of a hike.
- Underground haunted tour: Edinburgh is also known to haunted and there are several options for different ghost/underground/haunted tours that range in their level of scariness. We went on one during the day since Rachel gets scared easily. Our tour was of the underground tunnels and even though it was during the day, it was still a bit scary. You also learn some of the city’s history on these tours as well.
Our tips and tricks:
- Stay in a bed and breakfast: We decided to stay in a bed and breakfast while here because we thought it would be fun. We loved our time at the bed and breakfast we stayed at! The owners were very helpful and friendly. They can help you with what to do, reservations, taxis, etc. It was also nice staying in a bed and breakfast because you get a big breakfast every day that is included and we also felt very safe here.
- Download the Transport for Edinburgh app:This app allows you to figure out busing times, routes, and bus numbers. Buses are the main way to get around in Edinburgh as far as transportation goes. The busing system with this app was easy to figure out and use.
- Be prepared for the weather: Definitely have an umbrella with you when you’re out and about because even if there isn’t a chance of rain, it can potentially rain. We also suggest to think about layers when packing for Edinburgh. The weather is on the cooler side in the summer and can throughout the day.
We absolutely loved Edinburgh and wish we would have had more time there! It’s such a beautiful city with plenty to do. We would definitely love to go back if we ever have the chance!
-Michelle & Rachel